A Beka Academy will provide . . .
- all necessary textbooks, tests, and keys to complete grade/courses selected.
- manual with daily lesson plans.
- grade level placement based upon review of previous work completed.
- full accreditation for 2nd–6th grades.
- an academic calendar.
- progress reports for record keeping.
- return mailing envelopes for student work.
- evaluation of student work for each grading period.
- a report card after each grading period.
- academic assistance Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4:45 p.m. CT (1-800-874-3592)
Age Requirements to Enroll
7, 8 yrs.
8, 9 yrs.
9, 10 yrs.
10, 11 yrs.
11, 12 yrs.
All applications are subject to A Beka Academy Office approval.
All student work becomes the unconditional property of A Beka Academy.
A Beka Academy does not accept state or federal funding.
Your responsibilities . . .
- Contact your local school district or homeschool authority to ensure compliance with the academic standards, health/immunization records, and attendance requirements for your state.
- Inform your local school district that your child will be enrolled in a homeschool environment.
Send proof of previous work completed for enrollment in grades 2–6. This can be any documentation verifying successful completion of previous grade level, i.e. final report card, achievement test scores, annual evaluation, or homeschool records.
- Provide parental supervision for all work, grade quizzes and tests, and check compositions.
Send the required graded work to A Beka Academy for evaluation in accordance with the provided academic calendar.
Return all student course work to the A Beka Academy Office within 12 months and in no less than six months from the begin date assigned by A Beka Academy.
- Ensure that your student has met your state’s requirements for achievement tests.
- Courses are planned for a 170-day school year.
- Alterations cannot be made to academic requirements for any course.
- Courses cannot be dropped after 30 days from the assigned begin date without academic penalty.
Daily work recommendations:
The typical kindergarten day is 3 hours, while elementary students can expect to
spend 3 hours a day, plus independent work time.
Students of any race, color, or national origin who are academically qualified may apply for enrollment. A Beka Academy reserves the right to deny enrollment to any student who does not meet admission requirements. A Beka Academy is not available to residents of Pensacola, Florida, and the immediate surrounding area.
Students may enroll at any time during the year; however, when enrolling for the fall, it is best to do so early in the summer. (Please keep in mind that July through September are our busiest months.)
Traditional Parent-Directed Brochure and Application (coming soon)