Independent Study Program
Parent keeps records.
Video courses with master teachers are available in the Independent Study Program for
four-and-five-year-old kindergarten and grades one through twelve. The parents receive books
and the use of videos for independent study and are responsible to keep a record of the
student’s grades and progress. Independent Study students will not have report card,
transcripts and diplomas issued from A Beka Academy.
The Independent Study Program allows for maximum flexibility and parental adjustments to the curriculum.
See suggested high school course offerings. Enrollment is not
limited by age requirements.
A Beka Academy will provide . . .
all necessary textbooks, tests, keys, and videos to complete grades/courses
selected, based on program choice
- manual with daily lesson plans
- progress reports for parents to keep their own records
- pre-paid return labels for DVDs (available in the U.S. and most locations worldwide)
- academic assistance Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4:45 p.m. CT (1-800-874-3592)
All college-bound students should take a college entrance exam such as the
ACT assessment (American College Testing Program) or SAT (Scholastic Aptitude
Test). Information regarding these tests should be obtained through your
local school district.
A Beka Academy does not accept scholarships or federal funding.
Contact your local school district or home school authority to ensure compliance with the academic
standards, health/immunization records, and attendance requirements of your state.
- Inform your local school district that your child will be enrolled in a homeschool environment.
- Provide parental supervision for all work, grade all quizzes and tests, and keep all records.
- Return all DVDs to A Beka Academy within 12 months of the assigned begin date (if applicable).
Students of any race, color, or national origin who are academically qualified may apply for enrollment.
A Beka Academy reserves the right to deny enrollment to any student who does not meet admission
requirements. A Beka Academy is not available to residents of Pensacola, Florida, and the
immediate surrounding area.
Students may enroll at any time during the year; however, when enrolling for the fall, it is best to do
so early in the summer. (Please keep in mind that July through September are our