Independent Study Program
Parent keeps records.
Video courses with master teachers are available in the Independent Study Program for
four-and-five-year-old kindergarten and grades one through twelve. The parents receive books
and the use of videos for independent instuction and are responsible to keep a record of the
student’s grades and progress. Report cards, transcripts and diplomas are not issued from
our office for the Independent Study Program.
The Independent Study Program allows for maximum flexibility and parental adjustments to the curriculum.
See suggested high school course offerings. Enrollment is not
limited by age requirements.
A Beka Academy is unable to offer a diploma upon graduation from the Independent Study Program.
A Beka Academy will provide . . .
all necessary textbooks, tests, keys, and videos to complete grades/courses
selected, based on program choice
- manual with daily lesson plans
- progress reports for parents to keep their own records
- pre-paid return labels for DVDs (for contiguous U.S. and Canada) (if applicable)
- academic assistance Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4:45 p.m. CT (1-800-874-3592)
All college-bound students should take a college entrance exam such as the
ACT assessment (American College Testing Program) or SAT (Scholastic Aptitude
Test). Information regarding these tests should be obtained through your
local school district.
A Beka Academy does not accept scholarships or federal funding.
Contact your local school district or home school authority to ensure compliance with the academic
standards, health/immunization records, and attendance requirements of your state.
- Inform your local school district that your child will be enrolled in a homeschool environment.
- Provide parental supervision for all work, grade all quizzes and tests, and keep all records.
- Return all DVDs to A Beka Academy within 12 months of the assigned begin date (if applicable).
Students of any race, color, or national origin who are academically qualified may apply for enrollment.
A Beka Academy reserves the right to deny enrollment to any student who does not meet admission
requirements. A Beka Academy is not available to residents of Pensacola, Florida, and the
immediate surrounding area.
Students may enroll at any time during the year; however, when enrolling for the fall, it is best to do
so early in the summer. (Please keep in mind that July through September are our