Frequently asked questions related to programs offered and enrollment.
What does A Beka Academy provide?
Independent Study Program
What are parent/student responsibilities?
Independent Study Program
What grades and courses do you offer?
We offer K4–12th grade. Visit Courses
pages for detailed information.
Is there a schedule prepared to tell me when and how to homeschool using the videos?
Yes, the video program provides a video manual containing a complete day-by-day schedule
for the home teacher to follow which include complete details concerning both student and
What laws apply to home schooling in my state?
It is your responsibility to inform your local school district that your child will be enrolled
in a home school environment and to comply with your stateâ€™s homeschooling requirements. More
information is available at www.hslda.org.
Yes! Please see the Christian School Video Programs page.
Do we get to keep the DVDs?
No, the DVDs are leased and remain the unconditional property of A Beka Academy.
The materials remain the property of the parent and student.
How do I return the DVDs?
A Beka Academy has added a convenient feature for customers living in the U.S. and U.S. territories when returning DVDs. Follow the instructions below on printing a Return Label and simply place the package with the DVDs in the mailbox or drop it off at the local Post Office. (Please note: International customers will receive a pre-paid UPS Return Label when sending back DVDs.)
To print your free, pre-paid, Return Service Label:
- Click on the Homeschool Login tab in the upper-right-hand corner then select Parent Account. Enter your A Beka Academy account number and password (Note: If this is your first time logging in, enter your A Beka Academy account number and click on the question mark next to the password box and then select the Create a Password link).
- Click on the “Shipment Info” link and then select “Request a DVD return label.”
- Follow the Steps listed to print out the label and then affix it to the box.
- Retain the lower portion of the printout for your records.
- If possible, we recommend getting a receipt from the location where you drop off the box. Should the box or label not track, this receipt will be proof that you dropped off this box, as well as when and where it was dropped off.
Who can be the student’s supervisor and what do they need to be able to do?
In the video program, the master teacher will provide the teaching expertise necessary
for a quality learning program. A parent or a designated adult, needs only to administer
the material and grade the quizzes and tests using the included materials.
Can you help me get started home schooling?
Yes, request a Homeschool Packet
which will show you the many options A Beka offers in home schooling.
Does A Beka Academy have a statement of faith?
Yes, see our Statement of Faith.
What are the graduation requirements for an A Beka Academy student?
See the Graduation
What will I need to view the videos?
For DVDs: A DVD player and viewing monitor such as a TV is required or a computer that will play DVDs.
If Streaming: See our system requirements.
How much of each day’s total classroom time is video instruction?
Approximately three hours of the total kindergarten and elementary classroom day is
spent viewing videos. Most video teaching sessions are 15-20 minutes in length on the
elementary level and 45 minutes in length on the secondary levels. These sessions are
separated by time periods for lunch, physical education, recess or breaks, student
seat-work, reading, and homework check.
Can a student take just one semester of a full-year course?
Yes, if only one-half credit is needed.
Is A Beka Academy accredited?
Please see the ABA Accreditation page.